Information We Collect From You:
We collect three basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the Site:
- Personal information, which is any information that individually identifies you (e.g., your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, PayPal transaction id when making payments).
- Non-personal information, which is information that does not personally identify you but may include information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, occupation) and use of the Sites, and
- Device information, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
We do not knowingly collect any information, personal or otherwise from children under the age of 13 without the express consent of their parent or guardian.
We collect this information in the following ways:
Your IP Address: Like most business websites, each time you visit the Site, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
Information You Provide Directly To Us:
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
- Submit a Membership form online
- Sign up to receive email notifications regarding website blog or news posts from us
- Submit Conference Registration forms online
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Site (e.g., inquiries, blog post comments)
Information Other Web Sites Collect From You:
Sharing Your Personal Information:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use PayPal to handle our online transactions — you can read more about how PayPal uses your Personal Information here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track:
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your local Data Protection Authority is responsible for making sure that applicable privacy laws are followed in your locality. For more information about your privacy rights, or if you are not able to resolve a problem directly with us and wish to make a complaint, please contact your local Data Protection Authority.
Your Rights: If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, by using this site, you understand that your Personal Data will be collected, stored, and processed in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
Data Retention: When you pay for membership or conference fees through the Site, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.