The Special 25th Anniversary Bundle Exchange Project is due September 15
The project theme is “WEN: 25 Years of Inspiration” — interpreted however you like.
Some spring board ideas for the theme:
- Find inspiration in old issues of B&B — for you conference goers, there will be an exhibit of every single B&B from the beginning at Hamilton.
- Silver anniversary
- one quarter
- 25 miles (minutes, feet, etc.) down the road (literally or futuristically)
- 25 pigeons (items, vertebrates, invertebrates, abstractions, etc.)
- 25 minute (hour, day, etc.) engraving
- Seriously, whatever you want!
The important point here is that you participate in this great celebration, not that your work is strictly “on theme.”
– We need an edition of 160 (one-hundred-sixty) on H 7.5 x W 6 inch sheet of paper (2-sided is optional)
– The prints will be assembled unbound in a special Anniversary edition portfolio / folio
– Please include print documentation form with your edition as you would with your bundle submissions (form online)
– Prints to be included as part of the “WEN: 25 Years of Inspiration” portfolio exchange must be submitted by September 15, 2019. Contact Jon Hinkel to sign up: email@example.com
Memories & Recollections of Gale Mueller Needed
Long-time WEN member, Gale Mueller passed away last year, August 27, 2018. A memorial article is desired for our Autumn issue and so we reach out to you, wood engravers, to share your memories, stories, recollections, or appreciation of Gale. It doesn’t matter if it’s just a paragraph, a sentence, or a whole page — we want to honor his skill and grace in printing and engraving, but also his kindness and contributions to WEN. Please submit contributions to Guest Editor, Michael McGarvey by September 15, 2019 for inclusion in the Autumn B&B #62: firstname.lastname@example.org
25th Anniversary Memories & Musings Needed
Please send potential articles, memories and musings to celebrate WEN’s 25th Anniversary. These could be related to WEN’s history, experiences with WEN events, WEN members, or celebratory experiences with wood engraving that might be of interest in relation to the 25th Anniversary edition. Like the special exchange project, the important point is to participate in this great celebration, not to worry that your submission is strictly “on theme”. Please submit contributions to Guest Editor, Michael McGarvey: email@example.com by September 15, 2019 for inclusion in the Autumn B&B #62.